Learn to Paint
At home in your comfy clothes...
Studio school is the comprehensive online course covering everything you need to know from materials to large-scale landscape and abstract painting, with an approachable, fun, go-at-your-own-pace style.
Do any of these sound like you?
• I like the idea of being creative, but have no idea where to start
• I want a comfortable, judgement-free space to develop my skills
• I've though about taking an art class but feel intimidated and/or unqualified
• I love to create but get nervous that I'm not doing it "right"
• I don't quite know how to make something specific
• I wish I could paint but I don't see myself as "creative"
• I want to paint more but I need some guidance
• I can picture what looks good in my mind, but it doesn't come out on paper the way I want it to
If you're like me, you love the idea of stepping aside from the chaos and craziness of your everyday to relax, breathe deeply, and give your creative side the attention it deserves.
BUT WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT, WHAT DOES THAT ACTUALLY LOOK LIKE?
It looks like this:
• Having the confidence to pick up the right paintbrush and know what to do with it
• Sitting down to create and not being paralyzed by indecision
• Knowing how to mix your colors to get the hue you really want
• Having the basic knowledge in your back pocket to be able to paint what you really want to paint
I am an artist that has taken several random classes and experimented a lot, but never went to art school, and wondered what I was missing.
Lucy's Studio School changed all that. The classes are engaging (I stayed up til 2am because I wanted to keep going), and I feel like I just got all the best take-aways of art school without the years of attendance, money and endless homework assignments and grades.
This is absolutely the best art course I have ever taken! Lucy's teaching style is excellent. No detail is missed in making sure the students know exactly what materials you are using from moment to moment. Thank you for offering this opportunity to learn to paint.
Now before i get too carried away
Let me *properly* introduce myself
Hi there! I'm Lucy Reiser Chapman.
I grew up in Georgia with a family full of artists. Both of my grandmothers were professional painters and showed me what it looked like to be a practicing artist.
After getting my Studio Art degree, I taught art to some super-talented (read: intimidating) high school students before diving head-first into what has become Lucy Reiser Fine Art.
Since then, I've been painting, consulting, and teaching people just like you how to tap into their creativity and bring more beauty into the world.
So, What all can you expect when you enroll in studio school?
Well, I'm glad you asked...
Studio School is comprised of 7 classes. You can take them individually, or get the DEAL OF ALL DEALS when you bundle them together.
And a brand new class: Introduction to Oil Painting
In this brand new class, I walk you through the basics of oil painting so you can apply this age old process to any subject matter you choose. We will cover a brief history of oil painting, learn how to work with solvents and oil mediums, and create a small landscape to put our skills into practice.
Studio school will help you develop the skills you need to confidently step into your own studio space (even if it's just a corner of your living room) and create something beautiful.
ALONG WITH ALL THE INDIVIDUAL CLASSES, DOWNLOADS, RESOURCES, AND MORE, YOU WILL
• Know where to begin and dive into a painting with confidence
• Learn the fundamental techniques of painting
• Gain an understanding of different materials and mediums
• Develop and improve your own skills
• Pick up pro tips and tricks you won't learn in traditional art school
• Have the option to create art for your own home
• Gain the confidence and the tools you need to continue painting on your own
• Gain an appreciation for the art you (and others) create
• Begin to develop your own personal artistic style
• Have fun and relax while painting in a lighthearted environment
Not to mention, some top-notch bonuses:
• Digital downloads
• My materials guide with links to everything I use in my studio
• Homework assignments to help you keep practicing
Whether you are a beginner, intermediate, or advanced artist, I highly recommend Lucy's Studio School! Her classes are professionally presented and she provides clear and concise instructions every step of the way as she progresses through the painting. I have been so discouraged from landscape painting because many instructors present it as a technical and daunting process. Lucy made it really easy to learn. Thank you!
WHEN IS IT OPEN FOR ENROLLMENT?
The new Studio School is open for purchase starting August 22, 2022.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO TAKE THE STUDIO SCHOOL COURSE?
The Studio School course has a few different payment options. You can purchase individual classes a la carte from $39 - $129, or you can bundle classes together for a better value.
CAN I SPLIT IT UP INTO SMALLER PAYMENTS?
You sure can. For class bundles I offer a payment plan that will help spread out your investment over a three month period.
WILL YOU TELL ME WHAT KIND OF PAINTS AND MATERIALS I NEED?
Of course! In each class I walk through every single step including which paints, colors, surfaces, and brushes/tools I use along the way.
CAN I BUY THE CLASSES INDIVIDUALLY IF I DON'T WANT THEM ALL?
Absolutely. Each class is sold individually so feel free to pick and choose, but, to be honest, the entire course is a much better deal.
CAN I WORK THROUGH THIS COURSE WITH MY KID AS A KIND OF AT-HOME ART SCHOOL?
Totally! While this class is not meant to fit into any kind of school curriculum, and isn't a replacement for accredited art classes if that is what you need, it can certainly be a great way for you and your family to get creative together. I recommend sifting through the content first to see if it is an appropriate skill level for the age/grade of your child(ren).
HOW LONG WILL I HAVE ACCESS TO THE COURSE?
Once you purchase Studio School, you will have lifetime access to all the content.
DO YOU OFFER REFUNDS?
Due to the digital nature of Studio School and having immediate access to all the classes and downloads, the course is non-refundable.
DON'T SEE THE Q&A YOU'RE LOOKING FOR? SEND ME AN EMAIL AND WE’LL CHAT!